- 175g unsalted butter, softened + 60g extra for the buttercream
- 175g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 150g blueberries
- 250g icing sugar (for the buttercream)
- Muffin tray
- Muffin cases (or make your own by shaping parchment squares over a glass)
- Mixing bowl
- Electric hand whisk
- Zester / Grater
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan) and line your muffin tray with cases.
- In the mixing bowl, cream together the 175g butter and caster sugar with the electric hand whisk. Add the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Add in the flour and the lemon zest and mix until smooth, before stirring through the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly across the lined muffin tin, then bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the muffins are golden and springy to touch in the centre.
- Whilst the muffins are baking, make the buttercream by mixing the 60g butter, icing sugar and juice of the lemon until smooth.
- Once the muffins have cooled, ice them with the buttercream and top with more fresh blueberries.
Recipe from the Easy Peasy Baking campaign, launched by nabim. You can find more Easy Peasy Baking recipes and information on the campaign over on the Fab Flour website: https://fabflour.co.uk/easy-peasy-bakes/ or on social: @fab_flour on Instagram or @fabflour on Facebook and Twitter.