- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g soft light brown sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 150ml/g sunflower oil
- 150ml/g milk
- 300g dark or milk chocolate
- 150ml/g double cream (cold)
- 2 x 15cm round cake tins lined with baking paper
- Mixing bowl
- Microwaveable bowl
- Icing spatula/knife
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- In the mixing bowl, combine the flour, bicarbonate, sugar and cocoa powder..
- Add in the eggs, oil and milk and whisk everything together until no lumps remain.
- Divide the batter into the two cake tins and bake for 20-25 minutes until springy in the centre. Allow to cool completely before icing.
- Whilst the sponges are cooling, melt the chosen chocolate for the icing in the microwave (in 30 second increments and stirring to prevent burning). Once it is melted completely, pour in the cold double cream and combine until glossy and smooth.
- Sandwich the two sponges with the icing before covering the top and sides. Decorate as you wish.
Recipe from the FAB Flour Easy Peasy Baking campaign, launched by nabim. You can find more Easy Peasy Baking recipes and information on the campaign over on the FAB Flour website: https://fabflour.co.uk/easy-peasy-bakes/ or on social: @fab_flour on Instagram or @fabflour on Facebook and Twitter.