Prep time: 25 mins
Chilling time: 2 hours
- 200g 70% Dark chocolate
- 175g Dark chocolate digestives
- 75g Unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 400ml Double cream
- 400ml Cream cheese
- 100g Caster sugar
- 150g Blackberries, fresh or frozen, plus extra for garnish
- Line a greased spring form 20cm cake tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water on a low heat, ensure the bowl is not touching the water. Stir occasionally with a metal spoon.
- Whilst the chocolate is melting, break up the digestive biscuits into fine breadcrumbs. You can use a food or place into a sealed plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- In a bowl mix the crushed digestive biscuits with the melted butter and salt until well-coated. Pour into the base of the cake tin and smooth down with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate until needed.
- Once the chocolate has melted to a smooth consistency, remove from the heat and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Attach the mixing paddle to the Precision Stand Mixer. Beat together the cream cheese with the sugar on speed 2 until fully combined before increasing to speed 6. Beat until smooth and creamy. Add the blackberries and continue to mix on speed 2. Once incorporated increase to speed 6 and beat until creamy and thick. Transfer to a container and set aside.
- Ensure the stand mixer bowl is clean. Attach the chef's whisk to the precision stand mixer, pour in the double cream and whisk briefly on speed 3 before increasing to speed 12 until it's just soft peaks.
- Attach the mixing paddle and slowly and carefully fold in the melted chocolate to the
cream on speed 1 until fully incorporated.
- Add half of the cream cheese and blackberry mixture and continue to mix on speed 1
until combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Pour three quarters of the combined chocolate and blackberry mixture onto the biscuit base and smooth down with the back of a spoon. Pour over the remaining cream cheese and blackberry mixture and smooth down before topping with the last of the chocolate and blackberry mix. Smooth the surface. Chill for 2 hours or until set.
- Garnish with blackberries before serving